R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 08:24 AM
justpoet
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
Not trying to argue with you Poet, but that isn't what Tekno said the problem was.
They recommended taking the anti-squat almost all the way out because they said the reason the truck was nose diving was because the rebound was two quick as a driver throttled over the jump face, making it seem like the pan slapping down was kicking it over, while in actuality the rear end was jumping up from the torque of throttling up with the anti-squat. This was said to be causing the rear end to pogo up.

I followed what they said and removed the anti-squat down to 1 degrees and the entire problem went away.
Granted I did move to pink springs all around with 40wt front 35wt rear with the stock 8 hole pistons.
In saying what I have, I am not saying your wrong. I have no proof either way. Just stating what Tekno them selves said about it a while back.

Either way, I am sure your method does the same thing as far as slowing rebound speeds.
Inverting the pistons seems to help with this effect as well and worth being mentioned as to why most of the pros do this.
McGuigan tends to run the white delrin 6 hole 1.5 pistons inverted on most of his setups.

He also runs the M2C chassis that places the battery back 10mm to further negate the nose weight, which he has stated is a large improvement for his driving style and allows him to run more antisquat without the negative effects.
Squat and kickup will also affect how stiff that end seems, in addition to the other things they change. Shock position will also have a similar affect on stiffness in addition to the other effects.