R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB2 2WD Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 06:34 AM
lyons238
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAE
Protek 160t is a good compromise. Low profile high torque shorty that weighs 55 grams. Leaves you more space for electronics, had good torque and is fast. Weighs a little more than an avg shorty too. To me, checks all boxes and AmAin stands behind it if you have any issues. Replacement gears are easily purxhased. Mine works great and is very fast.
I was looking into that servo but the reason im looking into getting another Hitec 9630 is because its so damn beefy and durable it puts up with any punishment I give it. I'm very sick of burning out servos, maybe I've just had bad luck, I'm not sure.

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
I'm currently running the MKS Low Profile Servo. I also have this in my RB6 and I love it for it's speed, torque and size. .07 / 233.3 oz-in @ 7.4V! More than enough for the small 2WD tires IMHO. I have run a full size servo in my RB6 but not yet in my Xb2, although I have one. I like the idea of a low pro servo in the 2WD cars because then I can push the remaining electronics forward. Typically I mount my ESC right behind the servo, which is how I've setup my Xb2 CE for now. I am also using a GForce Capacitor, which is a bit heavy, under my receiver, next to my ESC. So my electronics package is as far forward as possible. I did this as I had intended to run this car on carpet first, then later on clay. I haven't run it on carpet and have instead been running it on clay. It's pretty fast, and with minimal work I can usually get on pace, near best of track lap times.

For clarity in comparing servo size. Low Profile vs Full Size. If you have the option to buy either, I'd go for the low pro. More options in terms of weight placement and you can get very close in performance with a quality low pro. You probably don't need more than 200oz-in of torque! haha
Originally Posted by 13Maschine
Hope these help
That does help, thanks man! Again, I dont think I need anymore than 200oz of torque, its more for the durability and the brushless motor etc...

I totally understand what you mean.

So does anyone have any recommendations for a good titanium gear, very durable, preferably brushless low profile servo? Must have 200oz of torque, and a .9-.6 speed.