R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 02:47 PM
z28mccrory
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just purchased an EB48.3... it will be here tomorrow.

The first track I'll be running on is a very dry/dusty medium/large track. Its only about a 20 minute drive for me, so It'll be my testing ground and where I do all my practicing (its open to the public 24/7). The other two tracks I'll eventually run on are similar (outdoor, abrasive, medium to large).

Im going to run the Hobbywing XR8 Plus (I run HW in all the rest of my RC's with great luck), along with the SMC 1900kv (I'll be ordering it later this evening... also considered the 2100kv motor) (I'll eventually buy a Hobbywing once its released). Im going to start with a 16t pinion.

Battery wise, im leaning toward the Pro-Match 8000 pack. Has anyone ran into size issues with it (being too tall, etc... its 47mm and most packs are 45mm or less)?

What springs/diff fluids/shock oils would be a good starting point? It seems the "Factory" build specs are biased toward the type of tracks I'll be running at?

Tire wise, the people who run the local track recommended ProLine Fugitives and Suppressors in M4 compound. I also picked up a set of AKA Gridirons in Medium compound as a "practice" tire (they are on clearance for $12/set premounted)

Along with the kit itself, I ordered the Tekno servo horn, the DE rear skid plates (pack of 3), some green slime for the shocks, and a big bottle of duratrax threadlocker. Also considering the Delrin shock cartridges.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Last edited by z28mccrory; 06-19-2016 at 03:40 PM.