R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 11:35 AM
addicted2blue
Tech Fanatic

Recently i started to drive more frequently with my M-06 with a nissan S15 body.
The very first time i drove the car it was dialed and felt great on a very high traction carpet track.
In the meantime M-chassis started to hit the track at my local club but so far i'm the only one with a rear wheel drive M-chassis.
I even let a clubmember drive my M-06 at the Belgian tamiya race at our club, the young fellow was second fastest with the rest of the M-05 drivers following at 0.4 seconds of the fastest laptime from him.
Only one guy (well known for his great driving skills and his knolledge to setup a M-05) was able to drive even faster with his M-05.
The fastest laptime was about 13.7seconds (M-05), second fastest latime was 14.1seconds (M-06) and third fastest laptime was 14.5seconds.
They all run with a brushed carsson cup motor (Rpm is arround 19-20.000), at this moment i'm running a lightly tuned motor (16.500rpm) in my M-06 chassis and so far my fastest laptime is 14.56seconds.
My car is basically a standard out of the box car, with the exception of M-chassis TRF dampers (54000), M-05 ball diff and 1.5° rear toe-in uprights from my M-05PRO.
Been running M-grip tires at the rear and standard type radial tires at the front, fastest time was arround 14.9seconds.
Changed the front tires to M-grip with the sidewalls being glued and this improved my car to turn in much better and laptime by almost 0.4seconds, all this with a ride height of 5mm (front&rear) and NO traction rolls.
Will keep testing with other setups, therefor i ordered a stabilizer set along with some carbon damperstays for M-chassis TRF dampers.
Hope to improve even more my laptime, will keep you guys informed

So far i really like how the M-06 drives