R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 02:16 PM
Casper
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deceit
Question, so I just did a ton of upgrades to my scte, including the 22 shock conversion and the center dogbone driveline. I am having issues with the rear shocks, it comes with black front and orange rear, and my rear doesn't have much bounchback and seems to hang low... And that's with orange, which is 2.9 and the only stiffer one is grey which is 3.4. What springs and settings does everyone use with the 22 shocks and shock tower?
I had 30wt, and swapped to 37.5wt and it seems like the truck is just too heavy for the 22 shocks.. They move freely, and have the stock pistons from the conversion kit. The truck has quite a few upgrades to make it lighter and it seems like the front is fine.. I have the shocks set to inside-1. I would love any recommendations for this truck, I absolutely love it, but am having issues getting it setup right.
one is bent VERY slightly on the rear, can't really affect anything tho. if anything it would make them looser. are you using the 22 shocks? i love how smooth they feel, but worried about them being too small for such a heavy truck. ><

"edit"

ill post some pics tomorrow, to show the bend. it really doesn't affect it. the weight of the truck and the shorter travel of the 22 shocks seems to be an issue.
The bore of the stock and the 22 shocks are the same. The OD of the 22 shocks is much smaller reducing overall weight. The o-ring sealing and bushings on the 22 shocks is also better. The springs are of similar if not the same spring load ratings. So all these comments about the shocks not being "big enough" for this truck are misleading and untrue as the bore of both shocks is in fact the same. Also the bore of the shock has very little to do with rebound.

I have been using these shocks on this truck for months before they were released as a kit and truck rebounds just fine. We have actually gone to 5 hole pistons with this truck after some extensive testing. Granted I will conceed this is has mostly been indoor Med/High grip clay but I like these shocks over the old ones in every aspect as well as the ability to further tune due to a vastly increased choice of springs. A bent hinge pint is never good for setting ride height or proper rebound.