R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 07:56 AM
Thunder Trail
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TK421
Hello all,

This is my first post on here and I am over whelmed with the amount of info available. I have been flying Heli's and multirotors since 2004. I raced an RC10T in high school and a Tamiya mini cooper in 2006.

I just ordered the SCTE 2.0 kit. I'll be using a DX3R w/ SR3100 rx, a Savox 1210SG for steering, the Castle SCT Race Pro 3800kv combo w 13t pinion, and Lectron Pro 2s 5200 50C batteries.

Near as I can tell, this should be a solid set up. Any tips or trick for the build or set-up advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Lou
Great starting point. As for the kit, I recommend the stock setup to get started. Check out the setup sheets on TLR page when you want to try something different. In the near future buy some higher mah lipos. 7200-8000mah in highest C rating you can afford. lipos 70c to 100c have become the norm for higher power systems, but 50c works fine for the castle setup.

Might start out with Xray diff washers right now to extend diff service. Google "bulletproff SCTE diffs" for more info.

Ball bearing ackerman plate is a nice upgrade. http://visionracing.net/

Once you got your rig turning fast laps and need more steering consider the TLR aluminum front carriers.

Have fun with it!