R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 10:29 PM
Slapjack
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yzracer758
Really Thick Shock Oil and stiffer springs, 60wt up front and probably 40wt in the rear.

Anything you can do to help slow down the steering will help also as with the right tires the buggy will be very twitchy and change direction quickly.
Ok I just got done switching my setup to a high bite carpet setup from petite Rc. It feels. Very different than what I am used to. I switched to my schelle alum chasis, 60w rear and 40w front shock fluid, Setup called for 1.3 Pistons but I only had the 1.6 and 1.7 I think they are so I left those. I changed all the shims and hinge pin hangers etc... I am used to a light shock pkg where it would spring back up after compressed. This Package slows it down a lot. I have the spring adjusters turned all the way down and it only springs back up to where the arms are parallel with the ground. Is this what I want?
I also went to 3k rear, 20k front and 60k center on the diffs.
And I got the pinpoint tires and ran them on Saturday (with the old clay setup) and wow that thing sticks to the track
Like crazy.
I am also wondering about my current shock orings. i noticed that the rear shocks had black gook on the body and lower cap the other day so when I took them apart I noticed the previous owner had installed what looks like traxxas x-rings. Do those work better than the stock HB orings? I hate leaky shocks. The front also have the xrings but I didn't notice any leaking from the fronts, just the rears. So I was going to order HB orings but wasn't sure if I was downgrading by installing those and if I should just get new xrings

Last edited by Slapjack; 05-31-2016 at 05:21 AM.