R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated SC5M Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 09:14 PM
man1ac
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ray_munday
That sounds very similar to our tracks. You need to be very disciplined in these conditions. I only add weight to the rear if my car is having traction issues exiting low speed corners (especially if you need to clear a jump just after a hairpin). The 5M layout is fantastic on lower grip tracks as the motor is mounted further back than most MM cars, so you have a low yaw inertia but still good weight balance to the rear. With the SC5M the weight balance is actually very similar to the RM SC10 (with the SC10 the motor was behind but the battery sat much further forward). I use the 4 gear and Brass C.

You can try a 1.7 rear piston if you need extra rear traction, with 37wt as a starting point. The 1.7 pistons really add traction but dont land as well.

Agreed, although it can give better control of the truck in the air.

Thanks guys.
So I will remove the beadlocs and remove my weight altogether. I think I will need some weight at the rear to have some traction as you mentioned, ray. For the 1.7 pistons I would raise the shock oil from 30 to 37.5? Okay...But I think I will leave it there, dont want to change everything at once