R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 09:20 PM
Turtle Speed
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by invrtd
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKR90&P=7

A dab of this grease inside the gear box and on the spur will quiet the noise down. My cars are not noisy. I have had the same tube for over 5 years.
Well glad im not the only one that has noticed the noise. I think I might give the grease a try but I don't necessarily think it is needed.

Today, I ran it in the stock class and it was much quieter! I think that the main problem is that the stock and probably Exotek covers simply aren't deep enough and the spur gear basically comes into contact slightly while running the car and causes the contact/rubbing that makes that annoying vibrating noise!

Since I am running the exotek slipper eliminator I decided to slightly sand down the Robinson Racing spur gear a bit with some sandpaper on a FLAT Surface with like 120 Grit. I think it helped quite a bit to silence the tranny like it should be. Not sure, but this might even help with a slipper. However don't remove too much and sacrifice the pads ability to remain in secure engagement with the spur! Basically the material only needs to come off of the Outer edge closest to the cover obviously!

I think it quieted things down for me and interested if anyone else does this if it quiets down their car as well!