R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated SC5M Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 01:17 AM
ray_munday
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by loopedeloop
I might borrow your front setup to try. Just looking at the vic finals our track is much dustier and rutted from 1/8 scale nitro racing. I do run my ball diff real tight too.

EDIT... Ray, do you find the rear sway bars usefull even when quite hardpacked and dry and dusty?
The track was in great condition by the finals of that event, but even when the track is looser that setup is still very easy to drive. The only time Id take the sway bars off is if the track is very low grip and very tight with no high speed sections. I find the sway bars help SCT on a rough track as there is less body roll and therefore you maintain better suspension travel during bumpy corners.

The grey front springs and 37.5wt oil make a very big difference to driveability.

Originally Posted by man1ac
Thanks!
Would you recomment the front sway bar? I think I might tighten the Diff. It SHOULD be way to loose, cause I ran on Carpet the first time. That may be a forgotten issue
The front sway bar is more important than the rear - running a rear sway bar only will reduce rear traction on a dusty surface. Running the diff too loose makes an SCT feel terrible in my experience.