R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 05-21-2016, 02:35 PM
dsms4ever
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Gear diff build

I decided to give the whole gear diff thing a try in my B5M. And I assembled the gear diff without any instructions, which may have been questionable on my part, but after some trial and error I got it together, and I LOVE IT....

But I noticed that the outdrives have some play in them and in my ball diff the did not. The diff doesn't move side to side within the transmission case so I don't see how adding the 1733 diff shims would help at all, but I just came across these instructions...
https://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/c...arDiffSupp.pdf

And it calls for 2 shims under the sun gears and let me tell you what! I tried to initially put 2 shims under the sun gear and there was NO way in heck that the round end pin would slide through the hole in the outdrive with 2 shims under it. So I installed one and tossed the remaining 2 aside.

But now I have that little bit of play and it's driving me crazy to think that perhaps gear diffs do in fact require 2 shims under the sun gears. Can anyone chime in on this, Thanks!