R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2016 U.S.VTA Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:23 PM
scirocco14
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nwagner
Dumper used a 25.5 to win the Canadian Nats, everyone else was running 21.5.

I admit I prefer 21.5 because it requires throttle finesse to reach the fastest lap times but it has made racing closer and more available to a larger crowd. Top speed isn't really affected, it is mainly a drop in low end, making corner exit easier.
I agree 25.5 is easier. On my loaner F1, I usually put in a 25.5 for anyone who wants to try F1 for the 1st time. It's an F104Pro, which is one of the easier F1 cars to drive. By the end of the race day, they're already asking for more power. I can usually run 100% throttle on any 25.5 I put in it, but rarely can run 100% throttle on my 21.5's unless the traction is really high.

I'll race whatever motor is specified for this race. I can afford to try all the different ROAR 25.5 motors (I assume that's what will be required) but not everyone can do that. It's an unnecessary expense IMHO, when pretty much any run of the mill 21.5 motor has more than enough power.

See everyone in September!

Mark