R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RSD RR12 12th Scale Pan Car Kit
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 09:54 AM
CristianTabush
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think the droop is your biggest culprit here. The car is very sensitive to dropp changes. We can go from understeering to traction rolling by going from 0.4-1.0mm. I run .3-.5 almost everywhere. I would start at .5 on asphalt.

For the tires, the J compound Ulits is what you may want. The translation is broken english, so it reads out different that what they were supposed to mean. My friend explained to me that you run rubber on low grip, on asphalt and on high grip. The X compound is very reactive to the new odorless additive types like sticky fingers and sxt 3.0. It does not mean that it reacts well with all additives necessarily, although ground effects works on ANYTHING. Just some food for thought.

To really find out which tires would work best, I would suggest to buy to try out: 1 JM Rear 1 JS Rear 1 JM Front and 1 JH Front

I would start with JS rear (30 shore) and maybe J hard (38-40) front. If it is hotter, maybe a JM rear (32-35 shore) would work better, but you have to try to really find out. After you find out which rear tire works best, try the softer JM front to see if the car has better overall balance. If it does not, just go back to the J hard and start working on refining your set-up.

Springs, any spring from CRC/ AE/ Roche, etc should fit. There are only a few companies that use the larger springs, like yokomo and serpent.

Last edited by CristianTabush; 05-17-2016 at 10:07 AM.