R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB2 2WD Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 06:28 AM
Eaglesrx
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobsRacin
Brought my car out for the first run yesterday. Wasnt very good at all but I just need to tune it. Broke the front hinge pin holder in a crash on my 4th battery pack after making some changes and ended my day. Got the car to where it feels just like my B5M just before I added the brass rear weight to that. Im just struggling with rear traction right now with this car. Need another full day at the track to try and figure out where to make adjustments
Rob, I'll pm you my setup. I started with nate jaskot's smactrack setup. On our last layout, it was money. But, I didn't need a lot of off-and on power steering. Our current layout, I needed to make some minor adjustments to that smactrack setup (i.e. softer front spring, change in rear roll center, changed wheelbase,) and it was decent and still had tons of rear traction. But, it lacked some off-power steering (and a little on-power). Then, put on some electron fronts (I know, basic. don't ask me what I ran before, as I like a real smooth, non-twitchy car). Now the car is money.

The track's now ready for slicks. So, put them on for Wednesday during a club race. Car was even better. Shawn drove it, too. He loved it.

Loving the car. Plus it's luxury. I may come in my suit on wednesday. lol. just kidding