R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 05-06-2016, 02:11 AM
Chris Brown
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by man1ac
Another thing came up in a discussion about the B5M vs B6(D): The B6D will have way worse spare parts prices - image the front and rear shocktower. In Germany it's about 5-6€
Whoever thinks that carbon firbe shock towers will cost 5€ will be wrong, very wrong. Look at the RC8 stuff. It will cost at least 25€

So for me, beginner/amateur who tends to break stuff (although I havent in 6 months of racing) I'd hate the new car when every spare part will cost more.

As said before: If I loose to I b6D or whatever it wont because the car is the factor. It'll be because my driving sucks
You talked about the spare parts (plural) being a huge difference between the cars but only name one that is noticeably different in design. And even contradict yourself in saying you haven't broken in several months. Ae did a good thing and designed a very well though out successor to the b5m and people like you are just looking at reasons to be a hater. I'm impressed at the direction ae went and applaud them for their design. They took what they learned and and considered the global market and are keeping current with the hobby trend. I have the b5m with all the hop ups and gladly welcome the new platform. All the other manufactures have quick turn over times in their platforms and ae chose to not go the route of the b4.1, .2, etc. Good for them.