View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 10:49 AM  
190mph
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomba View Post
I've been having a hell of a time getting my B5M CE with the shapeways LCG dialed in. My standard B5M is so much easier to set up, making for more consistent lap times. The LCG is quicker over one lap, but I just can't get consistent with the damn thing. The handling changes throughout the session, sometimes drastically from oversteer to massive understeer.

I'm running on a carpet track with high grip using sauce and slicks, just like all the other racers.

FWIW, I've been away from RC racing for 20 years after running a JRX-Pro. Picked up a used B5M on ebay, then built a CE for racing and a standard B5m for my 11 year old son.

I'm pre-ordering the B6 and gifting the used B5m to my 8 year old son.

Question is, will the B6 be as tricky to set up, or is it possible that I have no idea what I'm doing with the LCG CE?

You probably like me back then raced on well groomed raked and watered dirt track that spiked pins tires were useful and the racing was really fun. Lots more work on setup and your trigger finger with the cars in 2WD these days.

My Outdated R/C Car collection:
Associated B44, Associated NTC3, Tamiya TRF415, TRF415 MSX MRE, TRF416X
190mph is offline   Reply With Quote