R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Jack Smash
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally posted by KDagh1
maybe it is possible that AE stopped with the TC4. I heard that they were going to come out with a double-deck TC from a knowledgeable person at my local track. Perhaps they felt that the TC4 was fundamentally flawed in its design due to its stiffness issues.
Tell that to Barry Baker who this weekend at the 3 day California Carpet Champs, came in on Sunday, put down 1 qualifying run to secure the second qualifying spot behind Matt Francis, and put all kinds of pressure on Matt in the main but Matt never left an opening to get by. Barry ran the quickest lap of the weekend in the main at a 11.2 versus Matt's quickest of 11.4 and Matt had been at the track since Friday morning.

Matt was the only JRXS at the race, followed by the TC4's of Factory Drivers Barry Baker, Lex Tyler, Sean Cochran, and Bob Stellflue. Add some Shumacher in positions 6-9 and an independant Xray in 10th and that was the qualifying order. I was doubting my car and looking toward switching to a Double deck Belt drive car, but my car was great this weekend and I think the TC4 will be even more competitive when we get to asphalt.