R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 11:30 AM
Frank Root
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gokarter64
i have my exotek transmission on the way, i emailed them about he possibility of an aluminum one for the dirt guys and he said if people showed enough interest they would do it.

so if you guys like the idea feel free to email exotek about it.

i used the mip box on a b5m and was very impressed by how freely the transmission rolled. for stock class making your car light really isn't the big deal, its all about reducing rolling resistance and rotating mass as much as possible as well as cooling your motor so you can throw some crazy gearing on it.

i also finally got the time to go racing, its been over a month since i last raced and i was a little rusty. but i ran my 3.0 in stock for the first time and i am very impressed with the car so far. i am running the dakotah pend reedy race setup with some spring and oil changes and so far i am really enjoying the way the car feels currently.

the yz2 body fits pretty good on there, im liking how it feels on the track as well
TLR already has "dirt" diff height gear boxes on order and in production. This will be an add-on part to the laydown conversion to have the diff as a 'standard height'. They won't be here for a while, but it is definitely in the works so don't sweat it