R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-2
Thread: Yokomo YZ-2
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 08:53 AM
jpcopeland1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tripd27
Hey there good Yokomo People, I just bought and build a YZ-2 DT and having a horrible problem. Basically when exiting a corner and get on power the car gets incredibly squirly and its almost uncontrollable. I am running pretty much everything stock settings, other than 40wt in front and 37.5 in rear. I am running on indoor wet clay with medium traction. Clay electrons are the tires im running, and had no issues with these on my bmax2, everyone else runs these as well with no issue. I am wondering if maybe my diff might be too loose? Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks
You need Red Yokomo front springs with 30 weight, AE white rear springs with 27.5 for your shock package, where are you shocks located? your over dampened with shock oil that thick not allowing the car to rotate and gain side traction. Didn't get fixed until I changed the location to the second to the most outer hole. Also what pistons? I am at 2X1.6 fronts, 2X1.7s in the rear. If your diff isn't barking, that's not the culprit. Also take out some steering by raising the front inner ballstud washer to 2mm, and get yourself a set of the 25gram weights for under the battery. Try those. I had to change very minimal things from box stock to get the car near perfect. Also are your tires well broken in? Electrons take a long time to come in fully, and have a narrow window of lasting. I would suggest if you can get a set of Microns, they come in quicker, but again don't last all that long before the foam becomes crap. For your diff setting, tighten it up until when you do the wheel flick test it rotates around 3/4 of a full turn. It doesn't need to be exact, if it rotates substantially more its too loose. Car is amazing and will do you well, just need to fix a couple of things.