R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2016, 07:36 PM
Josh L
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ashxxx
1st day ever with a .3 sct. Jumps like a turd. Dive bombs bad stock set up. But is there a way to get the truck to jump better.
This has been covered multiple times, but to save you the trouble I will fill you in.
First off, drop out most of the anti squat. No more than 1 degrees to start with.
Doing this will help eliminate the speed at which the rear end rises when powering over the jump face.
Secondly, you should get some different springs and change your oil weight.
Try pinks on all four corners with the stock pistons. 45 weight up front, 40 weight out back.
If you are running on more packed surfaces, try the white delrin Tekno 6 hole 1.5 pistons for both front and rear. Black springs up front, orange out back.
You can go a bit lighter on the oil with that setup, at 40ish up front, 35 out back.

If you really want to get the best out of your rig however, I highly recommend doing the battery back mod, which will drop the pack rearward 10mm. Alternately you can just buy a new M2C chassis which already takes this into account with the new screw hole positioning points.

This truck is nose heavy compared to other manufacturers. But that isn't a bad thing once you understand how to balance it to your preference.

Maintaining throttle over the face through the air is critical as well. But with the setup changes I suggested, it will jump like any other vehicle your used to.