R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2001, 12:45 AM
Yorkie
Tech Adept

Only raced my XXX-S a few times now but I love it. I thought my PRO3 generated tonnes of grip until I tried the Losi. Speed is excellent. So far durability does not seem to be a problem and beleive me I have tested the strength of this car.

Anyway, I have a few questions for you guys that have a little more experience with Losi cars.

I find my GM PRO stock motor getting hot after a few miniutes of racing but even my 1700 mah batteries last a full 5min of racing. After a race my motor is way too hot compared to other cars I have run. Do motors tend to run hot in these cars or should I play around with my gearing? The track I run in is short and technical.

With stock parts and our control tyre I can only get my front ride height to 6mm. That seems to work fine with purple springs but I would like to go a shade softer on the front to dial out a little push. If I fit the slightly longer, softer springs I can not get the ride height low.
Will fitting threaded shock bodies make a difference by getting rid of those huge upper spring collars?

Also my spur gear does not run true which does not seem to affect the mesh with the pinion but seems to make gear train a little noisier. I query this as I have heard that the XXX-S is suppposed to be really quiet????

Thanks for any replies.

Yorkie