R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle XLX vs. XL2
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 05:05 AM
MallenP30
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 0verkill
I just spoke with Castle about a few things. Castle has put a stricter safe guard on their new ESC's because they don't want customers burning them up and sending them in for warranty because they're pushing them too hard. The guy in the video is pushing 361 amps and who knows how much ripple through his ESC's and the new ESC's will limit the power once certain thresholds are reached. Castle is looking into this and may increase the limit a little bit but there's no definitive answer at this time.

My MMX is providing really good power for me with a 40x75 motor and 146 amps. We'll see what happens when I put a 40x102 motor on it and increase the load.

For the guy who is having success with the XLX and going 128 mph with it, we need to see the data logs to know what kind of numbers are working good with that ESC. It is very concerning to see more and more people complain about power output. MallenP30, do you have some data logs to share of your setup when it's on the XL2?
Yea I was just out this past weekend and did some test runs with both the XLX and XL2, I'll download the logs when I get home from work! The videos are on YouTube also just search Mike Powell, I don't have the editing part quite figured out yet so they are a little Long so just fast-forward if you have to lol