R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 10:15 PM
justpoet
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twistedneck
I'm making this post to recant my previous posts that we just need to get used to the weight distribution on this truck and it will make you faster. it may take a little bit of specific hardware...

There is a new jump at my track Dirt Burners in Livonia, its very parabolic and placed at a point on the straight where you have already been accelerating full throttle for a few seconds so gunning it on the face to keep the truck from nosing over isn't always possible.

When I was on top of it, and made sure to only half gas it leading up to the jump and then 100% throttle on the face, the truck jumps great and lands straight. when under duress, getting chased etc.. it might nose over more times than not. i moved the battery back with the normal mod, added two weight squares to the rear where the empty esc space is and it did help a lot but still nosed over at least every 3rd lap.

Then i got passed by another tekno 410.3 truck who was having no problems at all with the jump! needless to say i quickly went over to investigate after the race. i found some interesting things. (apart from the fact that this driver Gary Watts was a lot better than me, had a very high skill level).

1. we had a similar shock and damping setup - yea, he ran one spring stiffer than me in back and front, but its similar in damping also.
2. instead of my larger heavy 1/8th scale Novak Activ8 v2 ESC, he was running a tiny hobby wing light weight ESC.
3. instead of my tank 76 gram Sanwa servo he was running a light little beast of servo.
4. instead of my huge 8000maH pack, he had a much smaller pack.
5. same tires.
6. xerun lighter motor vs. my beast pro4 hd 4300.

I think it comes down to weight distribution in this truck. you can get away with the heavy front componets and heavy stick battery the track does not have a steep parabolic jump with a flat landing. there is NO correcting with full throttle with this truck, once its rotating forward i was toast.

in every other area on the track including all of the other big jumps and small my tekno 410.3 did very well, cornered great and gripped like a beast! i had a blast of course, but it can get frustrating!!

thoughts appreciated. thanks!! Jeff Check

Edit: I just ordered a 5000maH shorty pack to help put even more weight rearward. I'll let ya'll know if that helps.. no real need for the 8000mah battery unless its a 10min main. in a 5min hard qualifying I only burned up 2400 maH of energy. 7min is approximately 3400maH worst case.
What gearing are you running on that motor? I've found that most people are often undergeared so they don't have the tire rotation speed to bring the truck back at all. The body you have mounted, and the air venting, with how forward and back it is, also drastically affect jumping. Stiffer front springs, when not slapping the rear, also help with jumping. Anti-squat adjustment also affects jumping a lot.

Compare the whole setup, not just a couple aspects.