R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB2 2WD Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 09:35 AM
WesRaven
Tech Regular

So I got a reply from XRay about the rear suspension. Looks like they are sticking to their BS "we've never had a problem" excuse. Apparently they expect us to just commonly replace a $30 part after a few race days of normal use. I'm just shocked they didn't tell me to use more loc-tite.

Needless to say, I'm not impressed with XRay's continued denial of such an obvious design flaw. Starting to regret not going Associated. They would have at least sent me a new part or a less BS filled answer.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email and your interest in XRAY products. Please note that some impacts to the "right" spot during the race may cause bend or even breakage. Compare to competition cars we use stronger suspension arms made from hard composite, therefore the arm does not break in every crash. But of course this results in that in some cases when the back of the car or rear bottom is hit from certain angle and with certain power, the holder may bend or break.

During the developmet and testing we did not experience any problems related to the rear arm holder. We may consider to reinforced it even more in the future.

If we can help you in any other way, please let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you or help you out.