R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 04-13-2016, 08:22 AM
JC8390
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Gearhead82
Associated says the Lite chassis is 26g lighter. You might want to check out your electronics. My box stock CE kit weighed in at 1573 the other day with a 4600mah shorty and the JC "finnisher" body (heavy). I'm using the Hobbywing Stock Spec 3.1 ESC which I think is significantly lighter than the Justock, but I'm not sure how it compares to the Trackstar though. I'm guessing your aluminum parts are adding some weight too.
26g would be nice. I just changed my esc over to the justock. I could hold them both in separate hands and feel a weight difference so I'm sure that will help on the scale. Unless someone can tell me what the plastic bulkhead weighs vs the aluminum upgrade I'm going to get another plastic (original broke hence the aluminum) and weight both to see just because. The aluminum is supposed to be 15g, the plastic almost has to be lighter. I would like to get it between 1550-1560g. I'm thinking or hoping anyway that the lite chassis, removing some of the aluminum and a carbon fiber battery strap will do that... maybe the titanium screw kit.