R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 06:38 AM
Kraig
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tps3443
The RZ6 looks amazing. The conversion alone is as or more expensive then some entire kits.

But, Kyosho is worth the money. I'm having a hard time bleeding the shocks, they are smooth. But, oil is all mixed with bubbles, I understand the bleeding idea but, once I fill with oil and get all the air out its to much oil, and the shaft rebounds.

If I use less oil, Air stays inside.

Is it OK to have some rebound?

What's a good starting weight oil?

All I've got is 27.5/37.5
Originally Posted by dmcguire
This video Tebo did in shocks is great. Give this method a shot and make sure you're bleeding from the bottom, not removing the cap
https://youtu.be/4OI3evgMM30
I liked the video but I always struggled with putting in just the right amount of oil so I went back to my old routine.

Fill the oil up to the first thread.
Extend the shock shaft so the eyelet bottomed out on the shock bottom.
Place the piston into the shock body but let gravity pull it down into the body.
Once the shock bottom reaches the shock body help align it into the body so that the treads line up.
Turn the shock bottom so that it starts to thread into the body.
Wait for 1 second to give the excess oil time to escape.
Continue to turn, wait, turn, wait process until the shock bottom is tight.
Pump the shock shaft a few times and then bottom out the eyelet to the bottom of the shock and release.
Hopefully you should not have any rebound or maybe just a little bit.
If you have more than you like, loosen the shock bottom, push the shock shaft down, wait for a little bit and then re-tighten the shock bottom.

I hope that made sense.