R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 04-08-2016, 10:02 AM
belewis01
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by intercede007

EDIT: Ohh, forgot to mention. On March 26th I did a Sporstman class race. There is a AE sponsored (not pro) driver at the track who I chatted with about basic stuff. He really sorted me out on some things. Who knew hitting everything on the way around the track would knock our camber adjustments all out of whack? Anyway, he watched me drive a bit, gave me some pointers, and pulled out the 1MM ball stud washers from the rear leaving me with just the 2MM (instructions say install both). Can't say that did much, but minute changes are probably lost on me at the moment.
I'm pretty much at the same level as you. Spent weeks developing my own package, based on the stock set up. Stiffer springs all around, heavier shock oil, lower ride height. It drove well, but wasn't consistent or much faster. Finally asked my son for help ( he's one of the fastest guys in 17.5 at our track ) Took a huge leap of faith to try his set up - different springs, shock oil, droop, camber links as long as you can get them. Looked pretty radical in my mind, but it totally hooked up. It was a big learning experience, sometimes you have to ask for help.

Bruce