R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Swearing at the track
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 05:56 AM
Apco1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Foul language is often a direct indicator of an individuals respect for others. More often than not when you ask them to tone the language down, the foul mouth person often gets even more agitated. Its usually followed by comments of "do you job as a parent", "don't shelter your kids" etc... I particularly love the "shelter kids" comment. In all reality those who are unable to use restraint in their actions or words are living much more sheltered lives than those who are able to use such restraint. C.S. Lewis put it this way;

"No man knows how bad he is till he has tried very hard to be good. A silly idea is current that good people do not know what temptation means. This is an obvious lie. Only those who try to resist temptation know how strong it is. After all, you find out the strength of the German army by fighting against it, not by giving in. You find out the strength of a wind by trying to walk against it, not by lying down. A man who gives in to temptation after five minutes simply does not know what it would have been like an hour later. That is why bad people, in one sense, know very little about badness — they have lived a sheltered life by always giving in."

It is also not in anyway something that is protected by the 1st amendment. People too often confuse the intent of free speech, it is not the right of foul speech. It simple protects the individuals right to disagree with the government and peacefully protest against it.

That said we all make mistakes and I'm sure all have let a foul word fly before. I know they have left my mouth before. I could make excuses about why, but it is usually best to just apologize to those around me and move on.

Last edited by Apco1; 04-08-2016 at 06:08 AM.