R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 04-07-2016, 08:39 PM
DennisNyholm
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by intercede007
So I'm finally starting to string together a few minutes of laps (in practice with traffic) without being upside down or stuck. What I'm struggling with is corner entry.

Car is box stock (shock oil, springs, camber/caster/toe, 24mm ride height. 8MM [2 skinny shims) battery from back, new Dirt Webs). It feels really good most of the time except mid and low speed corners. I check settings every run.

I understeer quite a bit. My Reedy 800z is currently on the defaults which means 0% drag brake. I noticed adding some braking force into the corner helps tremendously but it's difficult to modulate. I end up pointing the wrong way a bit. I've calibrated my transmitter (Airtronics MX-V) and ESC, brake EPA is 100%.

Will upping the drag brake to 5% (next setting up from 0) help me get some weight on the nose into a corner?
I've personally noticed drag brake helps me. I'm at 15% currently (though I'm using a new motor and it brakes much less than my last). I also have my max brake at 50% so I can really mash the brakes when I need that front bite. When I had it at 75% I noticed I was spinning too much and couldn't control it as much.

Hope a more experienced driver can help you out better but those are my experiences.