R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Carter Flotron
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
What do you gain by spacing it up? It seems like raising the whole assembly up would not have a big effect on handling. Can you not run the C and D inserts in those positions without raising the trans?
The goal with this is to shim the diff up, while keeping the arms and links close to the positions they were in before. What this does is increase the dogbone plunge as the suspension compresses, which supports the rear end better when power is being applied (i.e. corner exit, sweepers, etc). Overall rear grip is increased which makes the car easier to drive and more predictable.
Originally Posted by Slapjack
Does anyone run a clear lexan wing like the bittydesign
Or proline trifecta? How durable are they? Are they pretty thick?
Yes, a lot of guys including me have been running them even on Truggy. It's definitely personal preference and based on your driving skills because if you crash enough they will end up cracking. Using the wicker-bill and dremeling the corners smooth goes a long way to making the wing last longer. They make a noticeable performance difference, letting the car stay flatter and rotate more easily. As I said it's personal preference and a tuning aid, plastic wings still have their place for sure.