R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New to me lst roller brushless converted
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 09:59 AM
Overdriven
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

http://m.ebay.com/itm/331797174456
That's the mount on the truck, not a RC-M mount, compare pics on RC-M and the fact the eBay account doesn't say anything about RC-M. The single speed is a knock off of TDR's and this has been discussed here before. It's what you have and it will work there's just the matter of 3mm or 4mm motor mount screws.

Trust me, I know what LST1/Aftershock arms look like compared to LST2, all the arms on the truck and the spares are LST1/Aftershock. The LST2 suspension arms are wider when viewed from the top, the knuckles are different to accomodate them and the rear knuckles dont have toe adjustment so there's no rear tie rod. The LST2 stub axles are 8mm like a 1/8 buggy/truggy. LST1/Aftershock stub axles are stepped like a Maxx or Savage stub and threaded on the end for a nut. Sorry I do not know what 17mm adapters are best for LST1 stub axles, I know Traxxas style will fit but there will be lots of space (at least 1/8") between the 17mm adapter and the knuckle.

FOC: have a look at the trans. See the 2 shallow holes at the top that don't actually go inside the trans? If there was reverse there would be a post with an arm attached to it coming out of the hole on the drivers side. No arm and I don't see a post either so there's no reverse in this trans.

The trans on the truck makes me think it was originally an Aftershock someone added some upgrades to. The threaded aluminum shock bodies, blue aluminum diff cases etc. But this is used and could be frankensteined so all bets are off. When you get it I'd open up the trans, take note of where the gold colored gear is as this will tell if the gear flip mod was done or not. Then count the teeth on the output bevel gears as there are 3 different ones they could be. The blue aluminum diff cases could be just the cases or newer HD diffs from a XXL. Only way to know if by opening them up and having a look inside the diff cup to see if the metal inserts are in the diff cup. Non HD diffs are pretty strong too (no problem in my nephews 2200kv 4s and they're just shimmed used units) but for 1717 power you're gonna want HD in there eventually.