Old 04-01-2016, 08:17 AM
erchn
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bLamey470
Hey I had a couple questions

And last starting gearing for 17.5

Thank you
On the setup sheet where the wheelbase is what are the 0 1 1 obviously related to hub spacing but what does it tell
The interface for the wheel base measurement confuses everyone at first, it's not well executed. But basically you can check 0 or 1, and then you can also check the second 1. This refers to the number of 1mm shims in front of the arm. So in the front, checking only the 0 means 2mm of shims behind the arm (the longest front arm position, or shortest rear arm position). Checking only the 1 means the arm is centered, and checking both 1's means both 1mm shims are in the front of the arm.

And when it talks about o-ring on shaft it relates to inside the body or like up travel limiter
I'm 99% sure that's up stop limiting, not down, so the o-ring would be on the outside of the shock.

And is there any tips to calming the car down and not be so aggressive
Standard carpet setup
Mixed medium track carpet
TQ raceway
I've heard that's a super high bite track. A couple things to try. Lighter springs all around will make the car more docile. You can try lowering your roll centers, which will let the car roll. Make sure you have at least your front tire side walls glued, at least once. Turn dual-rate down on your radio to make the car easier to drive.

I'll pass on the gearing question.
Best of luck.
Ethan