R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tower Hobbies Cutback 1/10 4x4 Short Course Truck
Old 03-28-2016, 02:08 PM
motoxman
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Picked up my Cutback about 3 weeks ago... So Far So Good...

Picked up my Cutback from Towerhobbies about 3 weeks ago and I can say that the Stock setup right out of the box was WAY too soft for our local track. Not to mention the Diffs have NO Diff fluid in them.
A 14/54 gearing setup was OK for our track giving plenty of power out of the corners but not near enough speed down the long straights and JUST barely enough speed to clear the longest jump on the track using the stock 3600kv motor and a 5300mah 30c Zippy Lipo.

All that being said, the truck handled fairly well despite its disadvantages. I did experience the nose dive problems and constant traction roll overs in the corners but was still able to keep up with the other guys at the track that had much faster trucks and better setups. For a Sub $300 RTR 4X4 shortcourse truck it is an amazingly good performer at the track.

Plans to correct its issues are as follows -
- 10,000wt oil in the front diff/ 70,000wt in center and 3,000wt in the rear
- 30wt oil and green springs for the front shocks/ 45wt (maybe 50wt) oil and blue springs for the rear
- Sway bar kit for front and rear
- Trackstar 5600kv 4 pole with stock 11/62 gearing
- Duratrax Shotgun Tires all around with a set of Pro-line Calibers as a back up (Hard packed red clay track with deep loamy areas in the corners)

Next Race in 2 weeks and Hopefully a chance to try out the updates before hand...