R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 01:02 PM
HollywoodRC
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
Rob, if it were me, I'd try 1K in the rear diff for Thronhill Jr, maybe even just a light coat of Green Grease which is what I run in the Spec Slash class.

On a side note, I've been running the MIP lightened ball diff for a while now, maybe 6 race days... and it's always had a slight "notchy" feel to it, but this past race day on Sat night, the diff finally loosened up and became super smooth. Can anyone explain what happened? Was I supposed to "break in" the diff some special way and it finally took 6 race days to break in? Is this going to be one of those things that I'll have a short window of super smooth diff action before I need to replace the diff balls or something? How often are folks rebuilding their ball diffs and what are the signs to look for when it's time to rebuild the diff?
Thanks Bill. I have been wanting to get the MIP diff and puck system, just don't want to spend the money yet. I'm gonna stick with the stock ball diff for a while. I had an old gear diff from the 2.0. Just wanted to try something different. I made some changes last weekend and shaved a second off of my lap times. New more stick time to make it to the A Main. I need at least another second off to get close to you guys.