R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 08:06 AM
blueskymining
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Serg1982
Hi ppls.

OK so I end up getting a gt3c I hook everything up and for first few days perfect. So few days ago in a big truck stop I take it out n for some reason it cuts off 20-30 ft away. Opened it up receiver is just how it was day 1 so is everything els. I did flip it a few times at high speeds but nothing was damaged. Any idea of what it can be?
Duh .... commercial areas, like a Truck Stop, Business Park, residential area are LOADED with 2.4GHz radios for WiFi, SmartPhones w/ WiFi, Microwave ovens emitt 2.4GHz, Fluorescent Lighting, etc! 2.4GHz is UNCONTROLLED by the FCC and that's why RC and WiFi etc is on it (ya, RC got screwed). Your little radio is only powered by a 9.6vDC mW power supply, those commercial and residential devices are powered by 120VAC high Wattage power supplies! Even though your radio is "linked" paired to your specific receiver, ALL those other multiple channels of 2.4GHz devices can and WILL interfere, essentially blocking signal or scrambling operation.

Your FlySky GT3B, or any radio was not designed to be used in a Truck Stop was it? All the dopes that complain about the range problems of the GT3B or any other radio are likely not setting up the receiver antenna correctly or are using the radio ins a 2.4GHz crowded neighborhood. Make sure the Rx Ant is vertical and at least the last 2inches is exposed and away from the battery and motor (which give off RF) I've had two GT3B radios (1st and 2nd ver) since they came out and I've never had any range issues when used in appropriate areas. In 10 receivers, I've only had 1 fail. I use my GT3B's with race trucks, cars and boats.