R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 03-21-2016, 12:15 AM
ray_munday
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Volition
Agreed, the fast guys don't crash. I'm slowly but surely improving with that.

I'm happy with the car, it's light. Especially where it counts in the drivetrain. I'm confident with my equipment. I've worked hard on it and I keep my cars well maintained.

However when I compare my fastest 5 laps I'm still half a second behind. Are the top guys still going into corners full speed, applying brakes turn-in, accelerating out. Or from what I suspect they are seem to be lifting off, rather than braking. I noticed that I'm much faster into corners and yes they have faster corner speed especially through the technical sections. I tend to rollover when I'm looking for more corner speed.
Hi Ben,

you are doing remarkably well for your limited time so far in the sport. But the last few tenths are always the hardest.

One thing I think is really important with 17.5 is to use as little lock as possible and wash off as little speed as possible in corners. With open you can sacrifice a bit of mid corner speed by being aggressive on turn in, then slightly lower corner speed to get a tighter exit and get back on the power early. With 17,5 you want to use as little lock as possible, keep the car relaitively straight (especially in the faster sections) and make as few steering corrections as possible.

You mention you are coming in with a higher entry speed - this may be a clue that you are coming in a little hot and whilst you are making the corner, you are having to sacrifice some mid corner grip as you are still washing off speed.

Let me know when you are at the track next and Ill watch a few laps and let you know what I see.

Ray