R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB2 2WD Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 02:36 PM
QDRHRSE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I finally got to try out my DE car for a couple of packs today. Started with the box setup & a slipper eliminator running 32/72. Before i ever threw it down I noticed that it had a ton of front droop and almost none in the rear so I expected to have make adjustments. My track is medium traction bluegroove....super hard packed dirt with clay mixed in. Out of the box is was pretty good but was uneasy through our 5 pack rhythm section and it had a tendency to wander a bit while settling after our hard 180s. When we pulled the car in we were going to take 1mm of droop out of the front and add 1mm to the rear but my buddy suggested kicking the front shock all the way out on the arm. That did the trick. The second battery was awesome. The XB2 felt at least as good as either of my high dollar B5Ms but turns better. The only thing that still needs a little attention are the springs. I'm going try Kyosho pinks in the front and golds in the rear. My only very minor criticism of the car is that its a little soft. However, despite that its very planted and turns hard. I'm very pleased. I'm going to pick up another one and put the B5Ms away for a while. The cars performance is inline with my very high expectation. The XB4 2016 wasn't a one hit wonder.