R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1.18+ cells -vs- orion's 1.19= cells
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 06:08 AM
Smalls
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Jack Rimer
So I assume that your 1.195 Orion pack would translate into 1.192 for SMC according to your formula. Since we don't consistently see anything over 1.19 I can only conclude that The Orion numbers are seriously skewed compared to the industry standard (SMC, Trinity, Fusion, Pro-Match, Fukiyama, etc). Take that pack and cycle it, then cycle your SMC the exact same way and I would bet you will be surprised. I think more than one person can vouch for this. I am in no way degrading anyone's cells, however it is important to compare apples to apples.
I agree with where jack is going. I purchased 2 packs of these cells, they were sitting for only a couple weeks prior to me purchasing them ( silly me, why were SMC 1.175's and Whiplash 1.175 selling before 1.119....were people crazy) so I jumped all over them.

I get them home, put them on a heating pad for a little bit ( hey I want to see some good numbers) then put them in the old Turbo Matcher ( same one smc uses and now the same one orion is using)... The cells cycled out to be 1.156 each on average per cell I had one that was a 1.161. Run time on the cells were all 444 8 cells, all the exact same lables 1.190 444sec. not one cell was over 370.

They now are in a friends lathe box, they never sw the carpet. These are probally the best lathe batteries on the markey folks!

You ever wonder why you really don't see SMC, Whiplash,Fukawhoever,Promatch 1.190+ cells on the shel at your LHS cause they are so few and fare inbetween that only top team drivers get these. If the public is getting 1.190+ from Orion what does Hara's lables say 2.50? lol

Seriously, just like in life if its too good to be true.... usually it is!

Last edited by Smalls; 03-12-2005 at 06:29 AM.