R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Durango DETC410
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 07:21 PM
YoDog
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B3nno810
Ok so im adding tc to my list of classes that im running and have been a fan of the detc410 since it came our so i have 2 on order.

As im new to tc im going to be starting with spec class.

Just wondering with this car what hop ups/tuning options are a must have and what spares are going to be needed etc.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Cheers.
The car is pretty great out of the box. That having been said... as long as you are getting the V2 model, all you need to change is the servo mount blocks as the plastic is not really rigid enough to be reliable. Some say use a piece of servo tape between the servo and chassis but I feel that negates the floating aspect of the servo mount. You will want to pick up more springs and anti-sway bars as tuning options. I am working on a full floating steering mount as well as a few other carbon goodies. I have noticed many team drivers have changed out the front composite out drives to the steel ones as well as changing to steel drive shafts vs the aluminum. So far I haven't had any problems with the stock stuff but I usually don't hit much. If you tend to use the boards, you may want to swap out the tie rods for Titanium as the aluminum tends to bend easily.