R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Josh L
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott_J
My battery is in the stock location, and with the correct rear shock setup it isn't "nose heavy" at all. The reason it nosedives is the rear of the chassis slaps the face of the jump, sending it ass over tea kettle. Pistons and oils are only to adjust shock speed based on track surface. The spring is for compression. If you're landing flat instead of on the back of the "landing ramp" you're hitting the jump too fast and shock tuning isn't the problem.
Some people have your argument no doubt, but I am not alone on my reasoning behind what I said. I was told these things by a Tekno pro driver.
And everything I did in respect to that made the truck much much better than it was without said things accounted for.
I am not one to just take anyones advice as the gospel, but if a person is generally much faster than everyone else, I will certainly try what they do.
Your setup might very well be what works for you none the less.

Originally Posted by tommyii77
I just put one of these together.. Awesome kit by the way.. Anyways my question is this.. I race 1/10 4x4 buggy I have a duratrax DE10 ESC on it and it works great.. My cousin uses one on his 1/10 4x4 buggy and his SC10 4x4 and they work great on both too.. Anyone try this ESC (DE10) on a SCT410.3? I'm using a 550 4800kv 4 pole sensored motor. I just want a ESC with a smaller footprint.. I currently am using a Hobbywing Xerun SCT Pro.. Works fine but it's just to big..
To big? That is one of the smaller ESC's in the list. I run an XR8, and it's prolly at least 1/3rd larger than the SCT-pro. It's by far the best ESC I have ever used. Smooth is an understatement.

Originally Posted by Jeff burns
You definitely saved me some money with the link to that power supply and I used your advise on the charger plus I picked up a few of the batteries off rcjuice. Gotta tell ya it's tough trying find the right stuff there's just so many options at every step and that rc juice had the shipment here in 3 days. I never even heard of them before that post. The ups driver should be bringing the rest of pieces to the puzzle soon just in time because the weather starting to take a turn for the better up here. Good times
RC juice doesn't mess around! That guy cares about his customers and gets things to you super fast.
I am glad to hear you went the route you did with the charger and PSU.
You should be more than happy with your equipment!
Having a top charger is very under rated, and you'll realize this most when you can see all the important information that other systems at your track just can't provide you.