R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 10:13 PM
swerv512
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Drilling a hole in the cap above the bladder will eliminate any rebound caused by the bladder. I do this with my Tamiya shocks and it's made them much easier to build and tune.

I'm still fairly new to the Serpent family, so I'm hoping you can walk me through a few things regarding the versions of the cars. From what I gather, most parts (EG: wishbones) interchange between versions of the S411. What I'm wondering is will something like the V2 wishbones work with the "V1" C-hubs, etc?

There have been so many revisions of the car that I'm unsure what's going to work. Another example is I have a gear diff revision set (401371). I'm pretty sure it'll work with my diffs, but are there identifiers to tell you which version you've got?

Apologies for the many questions, but I'm doing my first complete teardown and rebuild soon.
Yep. First thing I did when I built the kit was take a 1/16" bit and drill the shock caps. I read that this mod is basically for high traction carpet but zero rebound in all shocks is one less variable to deal with in my setup even though I typically run on low-medium traction asphalt. The only thing is there's no going back unless you buy new shocks caps if you decide you actually want the advantages of variable rebound