R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 08:45 PM
dmcguire
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vincent_Diesel
I've witnessed this configuration at our local astroturf track, this setup is simply amazing on high grip — no doubt about it. Just generates so much grip and has similar driving characteristics of a 4WD buggy. Very, very impressive.

I cannot imagine this will be the sole RB6 replacement. From what I have read, for lower traction surfaces this configuration will not be optimal. If this is the case, Kyosho will split the 2016 2WD product line two ways. A high grip config and a lower grip config like Yokomo and X-Ray has done. I suspect, as I peer into my crystal ball, ALL the manufacturers will follow this trend. Place a bet anyone?
I agree that a two car line would be a wise choice for Kyosho, however I'm not sure the RB/RZ approach would be as easy to justify to the consumer as what Yokomo or Xray are doing. They seem to be essentially the same car with swappable differences. You could, if you like, optimally tune for the surface you're running on. The RB/RZ two car line won't really allow that. If they went the laydown/stand-up trans and a lightweight/stiff/flex tuned chassis route yes, but we're looking at two totally different animals. The chassis and drivetrains are no way compatible. My concern is that the RZ seems like a high-traction, modified specific car. Not sure it would be competitive in the 17.5 stock class.

As bad ass as the RZ is, it's targeted at a very specific audience/class.

I'd assume a full kit would run in the $500-520 range Street price. Like jag said, that's a far cry from its competition. But like you said Vincent, it's Kyosho. They'll sell them even at this price. Dare I say, a three car lineup???