R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Schumacher KF2
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 08:00 AM
MelKF2
Tech Regular

Default Drag

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Took my KF2 SE out yesterday for the first time. I built the car in MM position with the shocks on the rear, front arms flipped and a ball diff. Rest was kit setup. I was running on a medium to high grip clay track, flat with wood jumps. My car was amazing. Coming from the B5M, it was way more aggressive in every way, which tbh hurt me. It’s going to take me a little bit of time to get used to it. So for now I’m actually working on taming the front end down until I get comfortable with the car. Then I’ll dial it back in.

Changes I made so far:
Raised the inner rear camber link 1mm
Moved the ackerman to the back hole
Added the brass skid plate to the front
Lowered ride height from 24mm to 22mm

One other thing that I noticed is that this car seems to be LESS sensitive to drag brake. It could just be in my head, but I actually dialed in more drag brake (close to 20%) than my B5M (closer to 15%) and it felt like I had less. I didn’t have less overall braking, just drag brakes.

I think I’m going to run the car the next couple weeks in 17.5 just to get used to the different handling characteristics. Plus if I run it in 17.5 and Mod with the same car, I’ll double my track time.

For reference:
Novak Pulse V2
Novak Vulcan 8.5
Geared 24-76
JConcepts Silver Dirt Webs (worn in)
SMC 4300 shorty
Savox 1268 HV servo
Futaba 4PX with the wireless receiver
Car weighed a tad over 1600 grams before I added the brass in the front. Keep in mind I did nothing to make it lighter and my ESC is on the large side.
I noticed the same thing with the drag brake effects! I believe its do to the belt drive, I used the drag brake for a few months to just so I could concentrate on driving tight lines instead of doing both until I got back into driving smooth again after 25 years of retirement of Competition Racing I needed it. Just watch out for to much DB it will cause nose down attitude off jumps off throttle! I didn't use more than 25 after that I noticed the attitude of the nosie went down more. You also might try narrower rear hexs U4860 (5.5mm)factory team used it at the Reedy Race.