R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 01:59 PM
lyons238
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Les Vegetables
Lowering the EPA is the worst way to change the feel and hit of a low turn mod motor, in a light car, on high traction surfaces. Ultimately the best way to make the car more controlable is to go with something like a 13.5 of 10.5. A little more than a 17.5, that way you won't have to drive perfect line to get over some of the harder jumps (if your tracks have jumps that are hard for 17.5's), but not so much that it makes the car hard to drive for someone that is just trying to get into buggies.

Your car looks nice for sure. Just a word of caution,carbon towers don't like to spend time on the ground. 2wd Mod Buggies are a blast to drive.
i appreciate that. i did sand down and tire glue the edges of the cf tower to help. but theres a huge outdoor astro track near my house, which is why i went with 7.5t for the summer. i just dial it back when in door, nothing crazy but just so its not a rocket ship and uncontrollable.

i will be sure to air on the cautious side as i get used to the class more and more