R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 02-27-2016, 10:42 AM
Socket
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing
You post highlights what I am saying:
1: the car they won with at the worlds is not available to the public
2: the only car they make right now is the lite car, which when it was released was advertised as being best for stock racing (so no car for mod?) The lite chassis does not work well at all in mod and no mod drivers use it around here.
1. - so what?

2. That's subjective. I loved the lite chassis in mod.

3: several tracks are switching to carpet and the B5 is not designed for carpet, or they would have used it at the worlds as is.
4: Consumers will not spend 300 on a car and then another 100-200 to make it work for their needs such as carpet.
3. Cite please - currently in the USA, majority tracks are still dirt
4. Yes they will - look at all the laydown trannies out - they sell because there is a need

5: Xray and Durango have carpet and dirt cars because that is the direction the industry is headed.
If this were true, Losi would have rolled a carpet car when the 3.0 came out. They saw the risk vs reward as did AE, and ignored the small carpet market.

Team associated realized how far behind they were at the worlds last year. The B44 could not compete in the hands of the worlds best drivers
We're talking about 2wd cars, not a 15 year old 4wd design

and the B5 was far from a B5 that the public can buy. So actually they are behind schedule if you ask me. Like it or not carpet racing is here to stay and more tracks will convert as its popularity grows. I have never been fond of carpet but it is what it is. Rear motor is dead and the need for a rear motor and mid motor car is in the past. The now is a carpet and dirt car. Time will tell either way makes for good conversation.
All subjective. Who cares if they run a prototype car? Their original stealth 1990 car masami dominated with never came to market.