R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Exotek F1R
Thread: Exotek F1R
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 10:55 AM
wheelz
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by idbdoug
With the IFS front end on the high grip new crc carpet, do I want more or less front end droop to help avoiding traction rolling?
Thanks for any info
idbdoug
typically a little more droop can help because it will allow the car to roll more and not snap over on the front tires.

I usually don't change the front droop too much. instead I change the rear pod droop or the front spindle height. I run 35mm of droop measuring the top of the axle and the car on 10mm blocks.

leveling out the rear pod on my car can make the steering feel a little lazy on entry but tends to reduce traction roll for my car.

front spindle height is one of the biggest things you could probably change. moving the spindle up (moving shims to the bottom of the spindle) will greatly increase the steering response and likelihood that it can traction roll. when moving the spindle down (moving shims to the top of the axle) will numb the car out and make the car less twitchy or aggressive. Once you find the sweet spot of the axle height, a 0.5-1.0mm change will be pretty noticeable.

you will have to reset your droop and ride height after changing axle height as well.

aaron