R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 08:58 AM
RedBMaster
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lyons238
Exotek released a steering rack for the 3.0 and it is identical to the v2 steering rack. I don't see it as a step backward at all. It's very very similar to the stock rack just seems to be a tad more steering, precision, and smoothness. Everything else besides the spindles is identical, and I don't think the Exotek rack reacts negatively with the new spindles, othwrwise Exotek wouldn't have released the rack for the 3.0 either.

Also, the stock rack that came on the 3.0 is identical to the stock rack that came on my 22SCT 2.0, which Has the updated bell rank system stock.

I'm 99.9% positive the Exotek rack works as designed for the 3.0 as the stock 3.0 rack is the same as the updated 2.0 bell crank rack.
Yes, it obviously works on the 3.0. The point is the Exotek rack was designed and tested with the original 2.0 spindles. When TLR released their steering rack they updated the spindles to what is on the 3.0 and as you noticed the 22 SCT 2.0 and any other TLR 22 that comes with the TLR steering rack.

I think they better question to ask is why spend $35 on an old part when proper setup will gain you more, and other racers will readily be able to replicate your setup. Nothing like someone asking you why your car is so fast and your like, well you have to spend an extra $35 on top of an already top of the line vehicle to make it fast. Its misleading and unnecessary. This isn't the 2.0!