R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 02-24-2016, 02:19 AM
Volition
Tech Regular

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd overshare on the Internet as is the trend these days.

This is my current incarnation of my Buggy I race down here in OZ in the stock 17.5t class. Such a great car to drive, I've only been doing this for 4 months and I love the hobby and this buggy, who I've named Betty. I got her 2nd hand with a few goodies on her.

I've the Schuurspeed 17.5t motor, turning a Exotek eliminator with the flite spur gear.i updated to a 3-gear transmission with some avid aura bearings in the case. As you can see I'm using the Prime waterfall brace so that I can run the WTF windy fan which I modded by filing an edge and notching for the battery brace.. This is a great setup it means I can practice with her for extended runs without worrying about motor temperatures. She wears FT rear alloy hubs and jconcepts ti front axles, connected to the FT alloy steering bellcranks then to a Sävox 1257. I've trimmed all her cables to keep it neat, weighs in at race weight 1530g with a brass c block. Too twitchy at minimum.

RC racing is such a buzz, though too addictive for me as I've become a RC gear head. I love the goodies, and justify every purchase with either weight savings (not super important I've learnt) or most importantly reliability. For me now though "Betty is as upgraded as she will get. I just keep her clean & tidy and maintain her when needed. I've had 2 glitches in 4months of weekly racing, ripped out a rear camber ballstud, when hit on a fast sweeper. Lost a front ballstud nut somehow, nylock must have worn I'm guessing. Tough car.

I use Ray Munday's setups, they are spot on(he races at my track so they are well suited, hah! Thanks Ray) http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...day-201503.pdf

It's all about driving, driving, driving now. Learnt a lot about the b5m reading this thread, so to all that have contributed a big thanks loving my RC time. I'm getting quicker too. With limited drive time I only get to the track on race days I'm concentrating hard on improving and am getting closer to the leaders every week.

Betty topless from above

Betty topless

Betty in her best dress,.

RC racing has been a saving grace for me after a tough year, I don't know where I'd be without it. Is has truly been a great pastime I've turned to when things are tough. Researching, reading, wrenching, driving & the guys at all the tracks are wonderful people. Over share complete.