R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI RS4 Sport 3
Thread: HPI RS4 Sport 3
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 09:28 AM
Cudacharger
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wareagle84
Exotek has a diff spool for the Sport 3?

Well, yeah, none of us work for or are sponsored by HPI so we don't get the pre-production models. :/ lol
I agree

Sorry I meant the Aluminum Differential Gears & alloy spur gear mount. No spool's that I'm aware of from Exotek. Had the car out yesterday for some oval racing Daytona style...with the Exotek & Yeah racing mods the car was amazing on the course...this is with stock body, gearing, wheels and tires. I discovered that adjusting the rear body height slightly higher since the car is tail heavy from the rear diffuser and placing the 3S lipo all the way forward help with the handling 100%.

If I was going to speed run the car I would adjust the tail back down and place the battery back slightly toward the middle. It's kinda funny how this car got bashed really hard when first released and I agree out of the box the car needs some help for sure...I was a believer from the start by looking at the design from the top to bottom...sure it isn't perfect but some small adjustments and mods makes this car a winner imo. It's got more then enough speed for the average hobbyist and over looks that are very hard to beat.