R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 09:07 AM
jordan860
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Norse
Hello XB4 uurrrs, Has anyone put the rear shocktower on the backside of the diff tower bulkhead. Thus running the rear shocks mounted to the backside of the rear a arms?
I am going to test this this upcoming weekend but until then wondering if any one has tried and if so likes, dislikes? Easy enough to switch back thus it's worth the try. Also wondering with the rear wing being farther being back in this config will provide better flight. Thinking this set up could promote the pendulum effect, however the 16 chassis I believe is 4mm shorter thus maybe beneficial in running this set up. I am to tired thus forgive me if the above makes no sense.
I tried that this past weekend at a big race. I was hoping to get more rear bite. Honestly I couldn't even feel the difference and I think it was because we ran on indoor turf that is fairly new. The car was very loose and almost just floating on top of the turf. And the wing I just cut around the shocks. I'm gonna leave this set up for my home track and see if I could feel any difference there. Not really much help just figured I would throw it out there.